If you don’t see what you’re looking for, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “earlier posts.” Thank you
Two news items from Cloudbank Books:
• The Vern Rutsala Poetry Contest is for a full-length poetry and/or flash fiction manuscript. The winner will receive a $1,000 prize and publication of his or her book. Dennis Schmitz is the final judge. The due date for manuscripts is January 2, 2016. Click here for contest guidelines http://cloudbankbooks.com/Contest.html.
• You can now submit poems and flash fiction online to Cloudbank via Submittable. There is a small fee for non-contest submissions.
The Roving Park Players present A CHRISTMAS CAROL , the timeless tale of redemption and holiday spirit.
Performances will be:
– November 12 & 19 at 7:30 pm , at Sheldon Oaks Retirement Community, 2525 Cal Young Rd, Eugene .
– November 13 at 8:00 pm at Willamette Oaks Retirement Community, 455 Alexander Loop (just off of Good Pasture Island Rd), Eugene.
– November 14, 15, 20, 21 & 22 at 7:00 pm at Good Samaritan Center, 3500 Hilyard St, Eugene.
Admission is FREE!
For information, call (541) 735-7184 or (541) 521-1692 or visit rovingparkplayers.org
On Sunday, November 15, 2015, at 4 p.m in Tsunami Books:
Tom Titus and Eric Alan will offer perspectives on gratitude using words, photos, and recorded music. They’ll include an invocation from poet David Whyte, passages from their own books and CD, and elements of any other forms of gratitude people care to share. Everyone is welcome and admission is free. Book proceeds and donations will benefit Tsunami Books.